lost in a multitude of words

Tuesday, 28 August 2012

HBBC [16] - Unforgettable Lessons


I believe when one cannot write one should not give up and wait for inspiration as we often tend to do, but one should sit and force words down, train himself to commit words even without inspiration.

The words may seem dull and lacking, you may cringe from them, but in the long term, you benefit. The HBBC has thus taken this approach, despite the half baked bloggers not being able to rise fully, we want to try and attempt a few words, squeeze them out of our brains, in the hope that soon our creative juices will run again.

So, welcome back to another HBBC post, this one titled Unforgettable Lessons.

I’m trying to remember a lesson I once learnt, an unforgettable one, something that was ingrained in my heart and made me a better person.

*pause*

Umm, surely if nothing jumps to mind straight away that means I’m a terrible shallow person who hasn’t benefited from any experiences? Oh that’s a scary thought, no I’m sure there are a hundred other reasons why I can’t seem to think of a single good unforgettable lesson to share.

See the thing is, I don’t learn from my mistakes. You’d think I should, I mean, how many times can you give second chances? Oh from me, infinity. I’ll keep forgiving you again, and again, and again, oh and yes, again. I’ll never forget, I don't know how to forget – which believe me is a curse, I mean if I forgive I might as well forget and stop listing the number of times I’ve been let down, but no, I won’t forget every time you wronged me, yet my heart will forgive, I’ll forgive and hold you dear to me.

That’s the lesson I want to share, the unforgettable lesson, that no matter how hurt you are, no matter how much you despise a flaw in your character, a weakness that leaves you vulnerable, don't change. It’s you. Even if it hurts, even if you wish you were without it, don't close your heart off. For you never know which heart you’ve touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indulge me - comment!