"The universe is one being. Everything and everyone is interconnected through an invisible web of stories. Whether we are aware of it or not, we are all in a silent conversation. Do no harm. Practice compassion. And do not gossip behind anyone’s back – not even a seemingly innocent remark! The words that come out of our mouths do not vanish but are perpetually stored in infinite space and they will come back to us in due time. One man’s pain will hurt us all. One man’s joy will make everyone smile."
There is something enchantingly beautiful about the New Year
when you stop and think of it. It's a promise that tempts you in, with a
coaxing hug telling you that you can leave things behind. It smells of new beginnings
and hopeful days. Things already seem brighter because you're looking at a
blank slate and you are the sole author, whereas merely days before you were
faced with an angry notebook ridden with scribbles and crossed out angrily in
red. Before, you didn't feel like the author of your own pages, you felt fate was
throwing you right and left, fighting against a tide so strong that defied
every wish and plan you'd made, at the mercy of events tripping you.
This year, I do not want to make empty resolutions that cannot
be measured. I do not want to demand vague promises of myself that I will be a
better person, that I will forgive more easily, that I will look after my health,
that I will smile more. This year, I want to sit down with myself and write
myself a life plan. I want to plan the coming year, with measurable
quantifiable goals that have deadlines. I want to direct my life and feel that
I am truly in control of it. Will things go according to plan? Who knows, but
so far, nothing has gone to plan. What have I to lose?
"Try not to resist the changes, which come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?"
I hope I will find the time to sit down and plan my year
before this post becomes another faded resolution of all those that were wished
as the countdown began.
I wish you a very happy new year. I wish you a year full of
happiness and joy, a year of conviction, of finding yourself. A year of making
new friends, and catching up with old ones. A year of forgiving yourself, and
of forgiving those around you. I am grateful to everyone who is in my life, for
they are there for a reason - and I love everyone I have kept in my life, even
if I have not told you so, or if I have not spoken to you for so long.
Write some more, will you?
ReplyDelete<3