lost in a multitude of words

Tuesday, 11 October 2011

انت

Before I totally embarrass myself with this post, a few special thank yous must be said.  A special thank you to Huda for being an eternally nice constant in life and brightening it up with her innocence. Thanks to Noor for encouraging me to start a blog and working her wonders every day since then...as well as checking my spelling mistakes. Thanks to Arwa for being the person she is.

A special dedication to all those that love.

عيناك
حوضان عميقان من الأسئلة
يرمياني لأعماق البحر
بلا مقاومةٍ
يقلقانِ هدوء قلبي و يهيجان عواصفي

صوتك
مثل طائر البلبلِ يغرد صباحاً
يستخلصني من اعمقِ حزنٍ
مبتسما
ليروي تائها طال انتظارهُ

حُبُكَ
اضاع احرف اسمي بأسطر حياتك
و لونَ كوني بنظرةٍ زاهية
ثملتُ
حينما شربتُ ملامحكَ

كن
لكي اكون
فبدونك...من انا؟



  


10 comments:

  1. Wow mashallah.
    إبداع لم أتوقعه منك أبدا
    7abyt.ha kolesh <3 you abs HAVE to write more lazm!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A longer comment later. For now, I'm very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See? Arabic is there in all of us :)

    Keep up, fellow writer :)

    P.S. you made me want to write in Arabic :D *thinks about it*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially loved the last three lines.
    Hoping to see more Arabic from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huda - Thank you 7abibti <3 although I'm not sure your comment wasn't wholly unoffensive :P

    Noor - Can't wait ;) <3

    Ibhog - Write then! Just don't make it too hard so I can read it :P

    Maha - Thank you! I don't know if I can write more arabic, my spelling is quite a disaster sara7a :D Also, I can't seem to check your blog, im not invited it says :O *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if you read Arabic poetry, lots and lots of it, I am sure that is gonna be of great help. My favorite is نازك الملائكة. You can check out her poems from here:

    http://www.adab.com/modules.php?name=Sh3er&doWhat=lsq&shid=32&start=0

    I am SURE you will like them.
    And thanks for telling me about the blog...turns out I had made a private blog mn3'eer 2assd!
    I have settled things now and you can visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really should write more arabic, I wouldn't write anything like this in a million years. You should believe in your arabic sara7a. i don't get why you say it's bad.

    I agree with Maha, you ended it so well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maha - I'm trying to improve my arabic, have just started reading my very first arabic novel (خان الخليلي) and will be sure to check out that poem, w we'll take it slow w see how it goes from there!

    Thank you! :D

    Noor - I don't know Noor really I don't, this was my first try and I want a honest critiqued opinion. If a native arab wrote this...would it still be good?

    ReplyDelete
  9. woow
    nice words noor
    ektby aktar :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoOoOoOoW!
    I'm amazed and in love with ur poem ;)

    Those were my top favorite:

    كن
    لكي اكون
    فبدونك...من انا؟

    ReplyDelete

Indulge me - comment!