Dear diary,
I haven't written to you for so long, forgive me. I didn't forget you, not once, but I forgot the words.
I remember the cocoon of strength I worked hard to weave around myself, the shy skin I shed off as I forced myself to become louder, act more confident, bubbly and joyful, deflecting teasing comments or mindless tact with patience. The wells of tears that I scorched dry and only allowed to sear me in the safety of the night.
Someone seems to have ripped my cocoon open and tossed me into the wilderness. I lie shivering, naked without my defences, vulnerable. Words assault me and dent into my skin, leaving visible bleeding wounds. The tears that I painstakingly learnt to control, the valve of flow that I shut during the day malfunctioned and now they flow freely day and night. A simple friendly teasing word has me in spasms of sobbing, a slight comment has me bristling in hurt and pity. Everything you say is likely to make me cry.
I'm so tired diary. Nobody knows exactly how tired I am. I feel sanity seeping between my fingers, my grip loosening and weakening. I feel like I've opened my own pandora's box of emotions and I watch them helplessly as they swirl tantalisingly around me, parading every nuance and highlighting weaknesses.
I wish I could close the box. I wish my tears could stop. I wish my optimism would come back. I wish I could control my weakness, I wish I could grow a thick skin. I wish I could learn how to not care anymore. I wish I could remember how to smile. I wish, but most of all, what I really wish, is for rest. Won't you tell me how? And why? Who will give me answers? I shout the questions out loudly into the darkness...and all I hear back are the answering echos. Alone with no help, no answers, only me and my tears for company.
All I can do is wait.
WOw , that was brilliant, beautiful, allah! what you felt, you really described it well, I loved it loved it!, I knw my words don't make sense, your writing makes me say stupid things, lool! did I say I loved it?! ^_^
ReplyDeleteEven when you feel like this, you know how to put it in the right words. Your words come out elegantly. Now I can recognize a few words you use often as I'm paying more attention to each word. Seeping, tantalisingly, panadora's box, nuance, tossed <3
ReplyDeletekolshi ra7 yerja3 mthl awal w a7san inshallah 3omri <3 7ebek <3 <3
However hard it might get, I know you'll be able to get through. That said, it's ok to feel a little weak sometimes because it shows you who your real friends are and helps you understand your priorities in life.
ReplyDeleteI'm here for you if you ever need anything...whatsapp me or email me any time! <3