As I pick up my pen to tackle what to me seems to be the hardest post as of yet for the HBBC (this is our 7th post..Marwa you're counting it all wrong! Find the list of members here) I feel myself trying to distance my emotions and the topic. Unwanted thoughts come to me unbidden, as hurtful pictures of the past flick through my memory.
Misconceptions litter the world we live in, every day each and every one of us assumes wrongly and misconceives something without a second thought. Not all misconceptions are harmful, some are purely innocent and based on ignorance. Some are dangerous and ignorant. But what is worse, way worse in my opinion, are the misconceptions that hurt.
I haven't been on the online arena for long, but I can definitely say its been a long and bumpy ride. It never crossed my wildest dreams that an online persona could feel comfortable enough to make assumptions about me and create a conception, but lo and behold, one did. To this day I don't understand and never will I suppose. I don't understand their words, I don't understand the silent witnesses, I don't. Even though time numbs pain and hurt, it can't completely erase them.
I leave you with the wise words of Alice Through the Looking Glass, "only believe half of what you see and none of what you hear". Nothing is as it appears to be, think twice before making an assumption, find a hundred explanations. For what goes around comes around.
With all the emotions the posy convied and how personal it is, I loved it. Awal mara a post doesn't surprise me from your HBBC posts :D I love being surprised lama tektbeen b6aree8a ma atwa8a3ha bs hamain a7eb when you write it the way I think you would
ReplyDelete97 someitmes elwa7ed ma ykon ela 7a8 yfham sha'3la bdoon ma yet2akad bs a7yanan one can't help it we're humans in the end. Bs what matters is taking time to listen and be corrected. I loved your post <3
Btw ma gelteeli you posted it :P
<3