Welcome to the third post for the HBBC, meet the members here. Please take the time to read each! 3o2det el5awaga, chosen by Marwa.
Walk in your skinny jeans and gelled hair, attempt a bop why don't you, perhaps throw a few English words and blast loud rap from your speakers. Gosh I'm impressed.
Flaunt your shorthand text, show me you understand the correct usage of ppl and coz. Your intelligence overwhelms me; how could I not know before that writing in full standard English conveys only my utter ignorance in the language I breathe in?
Please don't think about approaching that ghastly colourful shop with crude arabic calligraphy designing it. Could we stick to something safer with guaranteed quality? Louis Vuitton, Harrolds, Dorothy Perkins perhaps? Jabal el noor...sho?!
Forget the Petra of Jordan, forget the pyramids of Egypt, the Babylon of Iraq; history? What do we care for the history of the place, its about the present, the future, the progression.
Again and again you openly crave what I have and reject what you have. You think coolness is achieved by wearing a foreign label, by discarding your native tongue and picking up another, dying your hair blonde and drinking wine. If only you knew what we know. You my dear, are further from cool as far can be.
elsarcasm kolesh bma7alha, y3ni spot on <3
ReplyDeleteloved the post <3
I loved your take on it. Right on!
ReplyDeleteOur idea of cool is really messed up.
I LOVE the post so much.
ReplyDeleteIt's so sad people don't feel proud of their roots and try to be what they aren't just to look cool.
Bah.
I'll keep coming back for more :)
You tell them! Go Noor!
ReplyDelete