lost in a multitude of words

Thursday, 29 September 2011

Echo from the Past

Dedicated to Noor <3

Memories flitting on the edge of consciousness,
Shadows of the past pushed aside, abandoned,
A word peddled; once spoken,
Broken dam of kept emotions gushing out, seared on each droplet;
I still miss you.

The syllables of your name a darkened hue on mine,
Sparks of a rainbow, nuance in your voice,
Voiceless thoughts breathed out,
Towering winds, angry skies raging, furious turmoil and tempest within,
All settled by your glance

4 comments:

  1. Your poems always convey memories with each line, I absolutely love this one <3
    I thought of a 7elwan areedch teketbeeli sha'3la :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the words you use, makes it so elegant. You're such a good poet honestly.
    I love how even tho it's short there's so much meaning in every line.

    "All settled by your glance"
    <3

    And to think you wrote this from the top of your head and didn't edit. You're a natural. And I adore the dedication!!!

    ReplyDelete

Indulge me - comment!