lost in a multitude of words

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Continuing Misconceptions

For the past month, some have been under the illusion that I was a brother. I don't bother correcting such assumptions normally - especially when the majority of work is done via whatsapp and email - because honestly, it's a lot less hassle. 

However, someone on the team decided to point it out yesterday to one of the sisters - bummer - and this was the reply:

So sorry,  maybe it's my misogynistic side coming out, since you have been proactive, intelligent comments and advice, constructive I assumed it was male!

Honestly, I'm torn between feeling outraged that females are still subconsciously felt to be less intelligent and between laughing. 

See, I honestly feel that women get more accomplished than men, from what I'm seeing, but at the same time, these misconceptions don't just exist with men, they lie with women too. Psychologically, I wonder why...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indulge me - comment!